Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Miscellaneous catch up

The day after Christmas Preston's side of the family has a mini race called the Butler Bolt. His uncle breaks it up into age groups and then all participants receive a prize. Nathan got 2nd out of 4 for the 7 year old group. They are getting ready to line up here. Taylor really wanted to race but no other 3 or 4 year olds wanted to so she didn't get to. So I guess you could say she got 1st place. I also ran with the adults and I got 7th out of 8 adults for our 2 mile run. I think every other runner has done marathons or participate in 5k runs regularly. I am definitely a greeny when it comes to participating in races. I am going to give myself a pat on the back for even doing it. I also had a major cold that day and my lungs were burning when I was done.

The Tuesday before Christmas we shut the shop down early and had our Company Christmas party at a bowling alley. We fed the guys pizza and they got to bowl for 2 hours. Then we had a drawing where everyone won a gift card of their choice to different places. Here is Preston, Steve (our dispatcher) Johnny works in the lockshop and Russ one of the on road Techs.The lone 2 women of the 9 employees. Danielle helps me with the books. She comes in 2 mornings a week and does the work at the shop that needs done like filing, invoicing etc. It makes it a lot easier for me, this way I can work from home and limit how often I drag the kids into the shop.
The kids came to the party with us.


Taylor and Nathan actually bowled for the first part and then they got tired of it and played arcades for a while.

No comments: