Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our 4th of July Weekend

Thursday night July 1st we headed to Eagar for the 4th of July weekend. On Friday we went to Show Low to watch Toy Story 3 as a family. Then Saturday morning was the parade. Taylor and Natalie before the parade started.


Nathan before the parade. Nathan and I actually left right after we took this picture. Nathan had the flu on Thursday the 1st and was feeling a little fluish that morning and wanted to go back to the house. I had been up since 3 am that day with all the flu symptoms so I was more than willing to go back with the house with him. So unfortunately Nathan and I missed the parade.
After the parade the kids played dance revolution on the wii. It was entertaining to watch. Nathan was feeling better and I was on the up hill.


About noon we headed towards St. John's to shoot some guns. We were able to shoot a Tommy Gun (an automatic machine gun) We had one of the main guys that works at the DPS and is a bishop of one of the wards in Eagar take us to shoot. It was part of an auction there ward had. It was really exciting to shoot off a magazine of bullets with an automatic machine gun. It was quite a rush. I wasn't feeling great but I didn't want to miss this opportunity.



Nathan even got to shoot the gun. Pretty lucky 8 year old I must say.


Preston goofing off after one of his rounds of shooting.


Taylor got to hold one of the guns (I think this is one of the kind they use in Iraq) She didn't shoot but we at least got a picture with her holding it.

We shot a bunch of watermelons as targets. It was fun to watch them explode. This is a picture of the aftermath.


A great fireworks show was put on that night at the Springerville airport. It was a nice weekend even with the flu bug attacking it. Preston Natalie and I came home Sunday morning. Preston needed to be there to represent the bishopric at church and I needed to teach the Young Women. Nathan and Taylor stayed in Eagar to play with their grandparents and cousins and I will meet them half way on Friday to pick them up. They have had fun so far but I will be glad to have us all home together again soon.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Looks like a good fourth! Cute pics of Natalie and Taylor in their Old Navy T's!