Thursday, February 24, 2011

Scouting and Snowboarding

This past Tuesday was Blue and Gold Banquet. Every year they Dad's and Scouts are supposed to decorate a cake. So here you go.


Nathan with the finished product. They were supposed to give the cake a title and I suggested "Fast Food" I thought it was clever enough and surpisingly Nathan even liked it.

Waiting for Nathan to receive his awards. (Not sure why the quality is so bad)
Nathan earned his Wolf badge so I am pinning it on his shirt here.

Receiving the Mom's wolf pin.

Hayden also earned his wolf badge that night. These two do almost everything together.

Wednesday we let Nathan miss school to go snowboarding with his Dad and use the free Warren Miller tickets that they got last year. Nathan before a day of boarding.

Nathan got a snowboarding helmet for Christmas and it relieved me to know that he had it on. He mentioned when he got home that he hit his head a few times. I was grateful for the helmet. The helmet is neat because you can plug in an MP3 or Ipod into it and listen to music while you board. Nathan was really excited about that feature.
Preston made the comment when they got home Wednesday night how neat it is to watch Nathan board. He says he portrays such confidence and high self esteem when he is boarding. He really enjoys it and feels very proud that he can do it. I think these father son snowboarding trips are going to be a big memory highlight throughout their lives.
Cool picture
After a full day of boarding. Look at that helmet hair and awesome smile :-)

Video of Nathan boarding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome moves Nathan! Bring that board up to UT and we will have a great time!