For history sake I am going to post about finding out the gender of this 4th child. It is kind of a long story but here it goes. We debated for weeks on if we would find out the gender or let it be a surprise on delivery day. I really wanted to wait but realistically wasn't sure I could do it. I am too much of a planner. The day of the ultrasound came and we had decided to have the technician determine the gender and right it on a piece of paper put it in an envelope and give it to Preston who would put it in our safe at home until the day we (I) decided to find out. During the actual ultrasound we closed our eyes during the time she was observing gender area. Ultrasound was finished and the tech hands ME two CD envelopes. I put them in the bag and go to the restroom. Preston goes out into the waiting room with the kids. While Preston is taking Natalie to the restroom I decide to look at the ultrasound pictures that I was handed. (Every other time I have had an ultrasound with this practice they give me a disk of all the pictures and some printouts) So I pull out the pictures from the unsealed envelope that the technician handed to ME and after the first picture is a post it note that has GIRL written on it. I am SHOCKED to say the least that I just saw what I did and that it did indeed say GIRL. I shove the picture and paper back in the envelope and try to convince myself that I did not just see the gender while sitting alone in the waiting room. So not how I planned to find out what our 4th child's gender was. But I couldn't undo what happened and so I confessed to Preston that I knew. I decided that to make it special for the rest of the family at least I would go buy girl things at the store and wrap them up for the kids and Preston to open and reveal what gender the baby was. So here they are waiting for their presents.
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Our 4th Child
So finally a post about me being pregnant with our 4th child. This pregnancy for the most part has been pretty good and uneventful. We at least the first 7 1/2 months were. I am very grateful that things are going pretty smoothly amid all the other chaos in our life the past several months. The pregnancy has flown by. My due date is October 19th and it is another girl. I have to admit I never imagined having 2 daughters much less imagining 3 daughters. It will be fun.
For history sake I am going to post about finding out the gender of this 4th child. It is kind of a long story but here it goes. We debated for weeks on if we would find out the gender or let it be a surprise on delivery day. I really wanted to wait but realistically wasn't sure I could do it. I am too much of a planner. The day of the ultrasound came and we had decided to have the technician determine the gender and right it on a piece of paper put it in an envelope and give it to Preston who would put it in our safe at home until the day we (I) decided to find out. During the actual ultrasound we closed our eyes during the time she was observing gender area. Ultrasound was finished and the tech hands ME two CD envelopes. I put them in the bag and go to the restroom. Preston goes out into the waiting room with the kids. While Preston is taking Natalie to the restroom I decide to look at the ultrasound pictures that I was handed. (Every other time I have had an ultrasound with this practice they give me a disk of all the pictures and some printouts) So I pull out the pictures from the unsealed envelope that the technician handed to ME and after the first picture is a post it note that has GIRL written on it. I am SHOCKED to say the least that I just saw what I did and that it did indeed say GIRL. I shove the picture and paper back in the envelope and try to convince myself that I did not just see the gender while sitting alone in the waiting room. So not how I planned to find out what our 4th child's gender was. But I couldn't undo what happened and so I confessed to Preston that I knew. I decided that to make it special for the rest of the family at least I would go buy girl things at the store and wrap them up for the kids and Preston to open and reveal what gender the baby was. So here they are waiting for their presents.
Revealing their presents. Preston was a little shocked. Judging by my behavior he really thought it was a boy. Nathan and Taylor (mostly Nathan) were disappointed to not be getting a little brother. It was a shock to us all but overall we are all just very happy that she is healthy and well and are excited to have her join our family. We joked before we found out that no matter what the gender we knew what the baby would look like since we seem to have only one mold for our kids. What do you expect when the gene pool is a gene pond. :-)
For history sake I am going to post about finding out the gender of this 4th child. It is kind of a long story but here it goes. We debated for weeks on if we would find out the gender or let it be a surprise on delivery day. I really wanted to wait but realistically wasn't sure I could do it. I am too much of a planner. The day of the ultrasound came and we had decided to have the technician determine the gender and right it on a piece of paper put it in an envelope and give it to Preston who would put it in our safe at home until the day we (I) decided to find out. During the actual ultrasound we closed our eyes during the time she was observing gender area. Ultrasound was finished and the tech hands ME two CD envelopes. I put them in the bag and go to the restroom. Preston goes out into the waiting room with the kids. While Preston is taking Natalie to the restroom I decide to look at the ultrasound pictures that I was handed. (Every other time I have had an ultrasound with this practice they give me a disk of all the pictures and some printouts) So I pull out the pictures from the unsealed envelope that the technician handed to ME and after the first picture is a post it note that has GIRL written on it. I am SHOCKED to say the least that I just saw what I did and that it did indeed say GIRL. I shove the picture and paper back in the envelope and try to convince myself that I did not just see the gender while sitting alone in the waiting room. So not how I planned to find out what our 4th child's gender was. But I couldn't undo what happened and so I confessed to Preston that I knew. I decided that to make it special for the rest of the family at least I would go buy girl things at the store and wrap them up for the kids and Preston to open and reveal what gender the baby was. So here they are waiting for their presents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment