We then played a game with balloons. The kids were supposed to run across the front yard while keeping their balloon in the air.
Natalie was on her own mission and spent the time chasing the balloon around. She did end up popping one in the grass which gave her quite a scare.
Then we went in for some Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza and drinks, Love you Lots Lemonade and Cupid Cherry punch. Sherri really does think of everything.
We also decorated sugar cookies.
Played a homemade memory game with pictures of the kids on the cards.
Hot Heart Game aka Hot potato
Some other activities that we did but I didn't catch pictures of were
Made valentines for the Utah cousins
Candy walk aka Cake walk
Relays with a heart pillow that involved balancing it on your head and walking with it between your knees.
Limbo love
Stump the cupid (12 items were placed on a tray and the kids had 30 sec to look at it then the items were covered back up and they were to write down everything they could remember from the tray) 2 neat things with this game 1) Nathan remembered all 12 things all on his own, I was VERY impressed. 2) I wrote down the items that Taylor told me that she remembered. She remembered 2 dollar and candy (not a real shocker there). Then I told her to close her eyes and picture the tray again. She closes her eyes and I ask her what she can see. Taylor's response, " I see nothing" cracked me up I guess she doesn't have a photographic memory after all.
The kids had a blast. Thank you Aunt Sherri!!! When we asked Nathan what his favorite part was he replied "All of it. I wanted to do everything twice." Thanks for letting me crash the party too Sherri it was fun to watch. Last year Preston and I went out to lunch minus kids but this year Preston was gone snowboarding so I would've been a party of 1 and would not have been much fun.
Valentine Morning
Taylor received a small teddy bear and a princess tin purse and candy from us.
Nathan received 2 Bakugans, some pokemon card holding sheets, and some candy.
Natalie received a small teddy bear, tin princess purse and some candy.
I received a violet colored Hydranger plant and a card from Preston and the makings for chocolate covered strawberries from the kids. Preston received a card and a collage 8x10 full of pictures of the 2 of us with the title. "Forever by your side, I Love You" Insert audible AHHH!!! here. :-) I know romantical if I do say so myself.
It was a nice day topped off with a DELICIOUS dinner at my parent's house. Thanks Mom :-)
2 comments:
I still CANNOT believe Preston went skiing over Valentine's weekend. What a putz! I'm glad you had a nice day in spite of that.
And every kid needs an Aunt Sherri!
How cute! Your sister sounds like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment