As many of you know I am doing the Susan G Komen 3 day for the cure in November. I need to raise a lot of money so I gathered up items around my house, my mom's house, my sisters house and a couple of my friends houses (all to their knowledge I promise) and had a garage sale. Friday April 30th and Saturday May 1st it was at my house. I then had enough big items left to sell that on Friday May 7th I moved the sale to my sister's house to try for a different crowd. Sherri helped me a ton and even took the morning off to help me. Between the 3 days of the sale I made $475 and sold all the big items. It was a lot of work and prep time to do the sale but I feel it was worth it.
My friend Rachel made these rice krispie treats for me to hand out with donations. She did a great job.
Those pink cupcakes in the bottom right of this picture my friend Amelia made to be purchased to help me make more $. The Dunkin Donuts by my house donated 10 dozen donuts, 3 full boxes of munchkins and 8 muffins to hand out with donations. With the baked goods part I made $28. Towards the end I was giving donuts to anyone that came to the garage sale since I had 120 plus donuts to get rid of.
Taylor has also been taking a princess ballet class through the city for the past few weeks. It is for 3-5 year old girls. They can wear princess dresses to class.
Jumping over pretend puddles of water.
We also started swim lessons last week. The kids go M/W/F and they are with Miss Allison again. She really does a great job with the kids. Here Taylor is showing how many rings she got from the bottom of the pool.
Taylor being a bit timid about jumping off the diving board on the first day of lessons. She did it though without me having to throw her off the board.
Nathan getting ready to dive off the board. He also has gone off every time by himself this session. Right now we are working on not doing a belly flop off the board.
Nathan going off the love seat to swim through a hula hoop that is anchored to the bottom of the deep end.
Those are just a few things we have been up to lately. I won't even begin to list all the other things we have been doing in addition to normal daily life. I will be glad for the summer time when we don't have quite so many places to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment