Thursday, February 16, 2012

Taylor turns 6

This year Taylor's birthday celebration spanned over a few days. We ate Taylor's birthday dinner (homemade hamburgers and crinkle fries) a couple nights before her actual birthday.On her birthday morning she requested waffles with cool whip and blueberries.A friend of mine watched Natalie for me as Amanda and I brought McDonald's to Taylor for lunch. She even got a strawberry shake with her meal. She was in heaven.
Aftern lunch I went to the playground to watch Taylor play with some of her friends. I left before recess was over because Amanda was getting a little too much atttention from the kindergarten classes.I brought lofthouse sugar cookies in to Taylor's class for a treat. After school one of her classmates had his birthday party at Bounce-U so she got to spend a couple hours of her birthday playing hard with some friends.
That night we had a birthday party for family. Per Taylor's request we played some games like Pin the Tail on the Donkey.I love Taylor's smile of pure joy on her face as she watches her older cousin attempt to hit the mark.Taylor showing where her tail landed. Notice the clothespins on her shirt. Another game she requested involved clothespins that you take from someone if they say a certain word. Taylor chose the word "birthday" as the word to avoid. I was surprised at how well Natalie did with this game. Older kids would try to trick her and Natalie would say "I am not going to say that word."I actually made Taylor's birthday cake this year. It was a strawberry cake with strawberry frosting and star shaped sprinkles.
This was a card/mask that was in the costco bulk card box that was perfect for my panda bear loving girl.This picture really didn't turn out very bright but on the Saturday after Taylor's birthday Preston took her to Red Robin for a lunch date.

1 comment:

Ashley W. said...

It looks like she had a great birthday celebration! We miss you guys...I especially miss having your kids in primary!