Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wildlife World Zoo

On March 24th we took the kids to Wildlife World Zoo. It was pretty cool but we probably won't go again for about 5 more years. It was pretty pricey and quite a drive.
This Kangaroo walkabout was interesting. They just had ropes between the animals and the walking path. They could get over the ropes so I admit it was a little scary to me.
It was neat to see all the mom's and their Joey'sThis picture makes me chuckle. Natalie and Preston look all nice and posed but look at the expressions on Amanda and Taylor in the background. :-)These monkey were really funny. The little one would initiate a game of tag. We could've watched them all day. I like the picture of my monkey watching the zoo monkeys :-)
Nathan loves all kinds of wildcats. It was pretty cool to be this close to one of them.Random snapshot. I do have to point out that ever since Taylor got her eyeglasses Natalie often treats the sunglasses she has on like her eyeglasses. She will say she needs them to see far away, no one can touch the glass part, etc. It is starting to wear off a little bit but she would often wear tem inside stores and everywhere else.Waiting for an encounter show to begin.Amanda is such a happy baby. :-)Getting ready to feed the giraffes. It was a pretty cool experience.



The petting zoo.

I need to document the petting zoo part of our visit so that when Taylor and Natalie are older and have a huge fear of petting zoo's we will know what it stems from. The girls for fine at the beginning and then Taylor told Preston that she wanted to feed the animals. Preston bought some pellets and started to feed them. Many of the deer and goats began to swarm around the 4 of us (Nathan was out with Amanda) so they could get food. The girls began to get very nervous so I took some pellets and left with the girls to another area with less animals who were just laying in the sun. The llamas, deer and bigger goats soon realized Taylor and I had pellets so they somewhat aggressively came towards us. Taylor and Natalie began to get scared of these animals trying to get the food that were as big as the girls. They both began to cry. I was holding the camera and other things so my hands were full, and to be honest the whole scene struck me as funny so I was laughing pretty hard. I eventually put items in my pockets and picked up Natalie and helped Taylor get out of the fence but not before she was cornered by some goats and one of them jumped up on her a little. Let's just say I don't think the girls will be asking to see a petting zoo any time soon and will definitely not ask to feed them. This picture was taken right before all the mayhem.

No comments: