Thursday, December 11, 2008

Counting our blessings

This is my wonderful mom and Natalie when she came home from the hospital. We are counting our blessings right now because of both of these girls. In case you didn't know my Mom was diagnosed with Uterine Cancer in early November. She had a full hysterectomy done this past monday. During the surgery the pathologist didn't believe the cancer had spread by the look of things. We got her biopsy results yesterday and discovered that the cancer was contained in one polyp inside her uterus. She does not have to have any radiation or chemo. We are so happy and consider it a miracle that it was caught in the very early stages and taken care of quickly.
Now onto Natalie. She has had a cough for a couple days. I prayed that I would know when it got serious enough to take her to the doctor. Well she was coughing quite a bit yesterday morning so I made an appointment with the pediatrician. Of course she coughed maybe once after I made the appointment until we got there. Her lungs checked out clear. Oxygen level in her blood 97% and tested negative for RSV. YEAH!!! The ironic part is when the doctor checked her ears she has an ear infection in both ears. We were both shocked. The doctor stated "I did not see that coming." Natalie has never had a fever and doesn't act like she is in pain or bothered at all. But she is now taking amoxicillin (which makes her mad when I give it to her). I am grateful that I took her in to discover the ear infections before it caused any more damage. I am couting my blessing of prayer and the medical knowledge that is available.

7 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I hope your mom makes a speedy recovery from that surgery it is no fun! tell her she is in my thoughts! I hope your kiddos get over their yucky winter colds

deena leena said...

I'm so glad to hear that all is well with your mom. I love her. She's truly an angel. My thoughts and prayers have been with your family. Thanks for updating everyone. We've all been blessed by these miracles. I was telling Sheri that perhaps I'll need to come with some frozen custard for her. (Sheri seemed to think I needed to bring her some as well, go figure! :) )

kh said...

My goodness! I didn't know that about your mother. I am so glad she is okay and none other procedures are neccesary. That is so scary. She is lucky.

Sorry about poor Natalie. You have a brave/strong little thing for sure. I just noticed her in your title picture, with her head flopped down to one side. Made me laugh, I LOVE BABIES!!! She is so cute!

You are looking so beautiful Julie! (Not that you didn't before!) I love the bangs! You have a perfect face for them!

Hollie said...

I'm glad all the results came back good!!! We'll continue to pray for your mom's recovery so she can enjoy the holidays...I'm sure she'll already be enjoying it more because of this news, talk about the BEST Christmas gift ever!

Sorry to hear about Natalie. I've heard this happening A LOT with infants (ear aches with no signs), it's a good thing they go to the Dr. so often I guess!

Mary Ann said...

Oh that is such good news about both of them! What a scary time for your family! I'm so sorry! Hope everyone continues to do ok. I loved your Christmas cards. It is always fun to hear from you and catch up on your family! Hope you holidays are great! We miss you!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear about your mom's results! What a relief that must be! How is her recovery going? Is she home from the hospital yet?

Unknown said...

I just had a dream the other night with your mother in it. Funny I should find your blog today. Love you guys and I am extremely grateful for you blessings.