Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our week of Christmas part 2

Tuesday the 23rd we had the lockshop Christmas party. We wanted to do something different and fun for the employees this year. Plus we needed to have a party we could bring the kids to since we both needed to be there. Before most of the lockshop parties were at an American Legion post and we sat there as everyone else smoked and drank. Obviously we didn't want to do that so we opted for a party at Speedway Racetrack in Phoenix. It was a lot of fun. The employees got to race indoor go karts (we have 7 employees in addition to us) The party consisted of 2 races each, pizza wings and drinks, we gave them all a small present and trophy's were given to the 3 fastest racers and I of course got the turtle award for being the slowest. THe picture above is of Nathan and Taylor doing to arcade race game. (you have to be 8 to drive the go-kart)
This is Preston (front car) in one of the go-karts. They definitely did not have leg room, but they were fun.

This is Nathan Taylor and Thomas (cousin on my side) I watched Thomas and his little brother Henry while most of the rest of my family went to see the Nutcracker in Phoenix.



Christmas Eve we went to my Parent's house for dinner and to act out the Nativity Story. This picture above is my brother and his 2 boys as the 3 wise men. They were visiting from Provo and it was so great to have them here to make memories with.


Here is the rest of the Nativity pageant participants. Nathan was the lone shepherd. Taylor the lone Angel. I am Mary, Preston Joseph and Natalie baby Jesus. Can I just say this terry cloth robe and towel were very hot. Plus I had a sweater on underneath. I was neat to participate in the pageant. I havent done that since I was probably 12. Thanks to my sister Sherri for gathering most of the costumes for us to do this.




1 comment:

Hollie said...

It sounds like the work party was a lot of fun! I'm glad your nativity turned out...very cute!