Thursday, January 1, 2009

What were you doing?

NEW YEAR'S EVE. I was playing the Wii Santa brought us with Nathan and Preston and Taylor. Nathan beat me both games in bowling by 1 point each game. Then later when Taylor and Natalie were in bed and Preston and Nathan were watching a movie I was blogging. Finally I put our pictures from Christmas on my blog. I had to do it before the new year. It was a very low key evening. Nathan even stayed up until midnight and then we all went to bed shortly after. This was the only year other then 6 years ago when Preston and I were severely sick with the flu that we haven't celebrated New Years with at least one other couple. So I pose this question. Did anyone do any partying last night? I promise to not be offended if you had a raging party that we weren't invited to. I am just curious.

I am looking forward to 2009. I haven't officially written down my resolutions. I have been thinking about them and the main goal is to make life better for me and my family in every aspect: health, spiritual, emotional etc. 2008 was a big year with the purchase of the shop, birth of Natalie and some fun family vacations and many other things. To be honest I think 2009 will pale in comparison. But it will be an exciting year full of Natalie's first (word, steps, tooth, etc) and hopefully some exciting blog posts. Have a very Happy New Year everyone.

5 comments:

Lene said...

Our evenings sound remarkably similiar. We usually spend New Years Eve at home. There have been a few years that we have gone to a party or have had families over to play. I think I am just more of a homebody and just want to spend it with my hubby and the kidlets.

Here's to a great New Year!

Lene said...

287 post so far this year.

How funny are posts are passing in the blogosphere.

Cassie and Chad said...

Hey Julie I posted on your blog on the post before this one. Then I read your previous post about your mom and her cancer. Yikes! That is scary stuff. My dad has cancer and is going through Chemo right now. Not fun! I hope your mom is doing good, please tell your family hello for me!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

we stayed home! we had some friends over and it was low key. it was the best! hope you had a good one

Hollie said...

I was sick as a dog new year's eve. We had planned to just play games at my mom's house so she wouldn't be alone. Then at noon the flu hit me like a train and I was down for the day! Fun, fun!