Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Big Brother

Today is my older brother David's birthday. (He is the one wearing the striped shirt. I have realized I don't have many pictures of my siblings) Anyhow back to my brother. David is 4 years older than me, I remember as a teenager I had a crush on some of his friends. He is a great guy and a very hard worker he is also VERY smart. Some fun memories I have of us as kids. When I was young I climbed the big tree in our backyard and got stuck on one of the high limbs. I could NOT get down and my hero big brother came and helped me down. When we were fairly old ( I was at least 10) we tried to make homemade fry bread. I don't know why but we thought we could make it with only flour and water, we just kept adding flour or water trying to get the right consistency. Needless to say we were only successful in making a HUGE mess, definitely not fry bread. My Mom was not happy to come home to such a mess. Another fun memory I have is on Sunday afternoons after church we would run and slide across the kitchen floor, David in his church socks and me in my tights. Those are just a few of my memories. Happy Birthday David I love You.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you VERY much Julie. Awesome compliments and great memories. You did a mighty fine job making me feel good. Love ya.

Lene said...

Yeah..he's a okay kinda guy. ;)

Hollie said...

I remember I spent the night and he came home really late. We were still up so he took us to Taco Bell. Who doesn't want to go to TB at like 1:00 am??! Maybe it wasn't that late, I don't know, it's been like 20 years. I thought that was sooo cool. Thank you, David! I don't know why that stuck in my mind...my obsession with TB, I guess.

Anonymous said...

The story about the fry bread is great. Please don't ever come to my house to make fry bread!