As a family we read scriptures in the morning. Nathan is now old enough that he actually reads verses by himself when it is his turn as opposed to repeating after us. So of course Taylor "reads" when it is her turn. I use the word read lightly. This is a picture of Taylor "reading". As you can see the scriptures are open but she is looking over at the ground not the scriptures. What is funny is that if you try to help her and have her repeat the verse after you she will say "I DON'T NEED HELP." She says very random things that are kind of a mix between a prayer and story telling. Then she will "read" something and then look up at Preston or I and say "Is that right?" Of course she always is. It is quite entertaining. Needless to say her turn is always at the end so we can end whenever we need to.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Scripture Reading
As a family we read scriptures in the morning. Nathan is now old enough that he actually reads verses by himself when it is his turn as opposed to repeating after us. So of course Taylor "reads" when it is her turn. I use the word read lightly. This is a picture of Taylor "reading". As you can see the scriptures are open but she is looking over at the ground not the scriptures. What is funny is that if you try to help her and have her repeat the verse after you she will say "I DON'T NEED HELP." She says very random things that are kind of a mix between a prayer and story telling. Then she will "read" something and then look up at Preston or I and say "Is that right?" Of course she always is. It is quite entertaining. Needless to say her turn is always at the end so we can end whenever we need to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That makes me laugh....I can't imagine Taylor not wanting help!
Julie, this made me laugh. She sounds SO MUCH like my Kourtni! I wonder if they were best pals in heaven... :0)
I love that pic too. Talk about LOL! She's darling.
Post a Comment