Well we finally went to Hawaii earlier this month. We left the morning of the 14th and came home the morning of the 20th. We had an amazing time although it went by entirely too fast. I would love to go again soon but really I am not sure how soon we will make it back.

Of the 100+ pictures we took this is both of our favorite. Preston looks REALLY handsome I must say.This picture may look like we are posing in front of an artificial backdrop but this is out in front of our hotel at sunset. It was all so beautifully breathtaking.

This was the view from our hotel room. I am posing with a turtle they left on our bed.

The first afternoon we went down to the beach and there was a big sea turtle in the water. Preston went out there and some guy let him borrow some of his snorkeling equipment.

I am posing with my new shirt I bought before we left. Notice it says BE FREE FREE FREE. I thought it was appropriate. I was so stressfree and loved relaxing with Preston and no kids for 6 full days.

Preston watching the waves the first day. I had to take a picture of his relaxed state.

Sunrise on Thursday morning while sitting on the beach. There is a story to this. The first night we went to bed really early (8:30) we were exhausted from traveling all day and also it was 11:30 AZ time. The next morning one of our guys from the shop calls Preston's cell phone at 5:20 am Hawaii time. I guess he forgot about the time change. Being the romantic that I am (not really) I suggested we go watch the sunrise since we were already awake and we already had a good nights sleep. So we did and we were glad we did.

Another sunrise picture.

There were crabs EVERYWHERE that morning. Here is a picture of one of them. It was hilarious to watch Preston try to catch one to get a picture of him holding it. Those little boogers are FAST!
On the walk back to the hotel there was a full rainbow going over the hotel. It was pretty.
Later this morning we met up with my longtime friend Hollie and her Husband Bret. We went to the Hukilau Cafe for breakfast. It was in a house in the middle of a neighborhood. The service was great and so was the food. I ordered some macadamia nut buttermilk pancakes that were DELICIOUS. After breakfast we went back to the hotel and did some more snorkeling. After snorkeling we headed to the Polynesian Culture Center. That place was really amazing and fun.
I think we are in the Fiji village in this picture. We banged these sticks on the ground in different rhythms as part of the show. That is Hollie and Bret on the right.
We are learning a Hula at the Hawaiian village.
This Samoan guy was really funny. He is demonstrating how you can still make fire with sticks.
Random snapshot at the PCC. Don't we look relaxed and in vacation mode. The only drawback of the day was that it was very hot and humid.
Posing after the night show. The night show was great and the performers were awesome. We couldn't take any flash photography but we got some really cool video of the different dances.
So that is the first 2 days in Hawaii in a cocoNUT shell. :-) Man am I punny.
5 comments:
Man I wanna go back so bad! Can't wait to see your posting of Kuau'i!
Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait until I get to take Tom there someday. Such an AMAZING place!
It is so good being back on this side of town and seeing you guys around!
You guys DO look relaxed! I'm glad you guys were able to go because you definitely needed and deserved that vacation. I'm also glad you're home:)!
Wow Julie, you look fantastic! You must be a walking maniac these days. How fun to go to Hawaii with no kids!
Erick and I are there.... Someday! Sounds like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment