Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fun filled day with Trains Santa and an Elf

Last Saturday we were invited by my brother and his family to see the Polar Express at the IMAX. His work does it and they had enough tickets to invite us too. It was really cool. Before the movie started we were able to get some hot chocolate. We were given a golden ticket and Conductor Phil (pictured with us above) punched our ticket. The movie was in 3D so we were given some really cool glasses. (They were HUGE I wish I got a picture with us wearing them)
After the movie there was a special visitor Mr C. Himself in the lobby. We posed for a picture. Taylor was so proud for being brave with Santa. Natalie was terrified.

Then we were each given a bell. I tried to take a picture of the kids with their bells. Natalie would not hold still long enough.


Another failed attempt at all 3 kids. If you can't read it Nathan's shirt says "Dear Santa, My sister did it." Taylor's says "Dear Santa, I want it ALL" Both phrases very fitting.

What Natalie kept doing while I was taking the picture. The whole thing was really cool and it helped me get into the Christmas mood.
Saturday night was our ward Christmas party. Some of the kids sitting down after a yummy dinner for the program.

Nathan and Taylor and the other Primary kids sang a few Christmas songs for part of the program.

After the program the most handsome and TALLEST Elf I have ever seen came to hand out goodie bags to the kids. The whole bishopric was supposed to dress up as Elves but the other two forgot so Preston was the lone elf.I had to get a picture with him. It is not everyday that I get a picture with an elf that is actually taller than me.


The whole costume. Preseton was really a good sport to get in costume. We owe a big THANK YOU to his Mom who made the coat and shoe covers for the costume especially because she was really sick while she had to make it. I found the other items at Wal-Mart. We got many compliments on the outfit.
It was a fun filled day.

4 comments:

Hollie said...

You weren't a-kidding. That costume turned out great! I'm surprised he let you take so many pics of it...he was truly a good sport.

Erick & Kami Wright Family said...

Go Preston! What a good sport, maybe I should barrow the costume for Erick. Our ward party is Friday night!

kh said...

Preston looks awesome!

We've been wanting to do the 3D polar express. It looks like fun!

Love the shirts, too funny!

Anonymous said...

That's it Preston. I've decided to get a full size print of that picture and hang it in our family room. Amazing! :)