Thursday, July 2, 2009

My remodeling project

While the kids have been away with their Grandparents this week I have been very busy here. One of the things on my to do list was to decorate a wall in our family room. It took a lot of time but I do like how it turned out. A big thanks to my sister Sherri and my Mom for coming to help out with Natalie while I decorated. It made the process A LOT easier.
Beginning Stage
Preston took this picture of me about 10:30 on the first night. (I worked for about 2 hours after this picture) Don't I look so happy.
This is what it looked like about 4 hours into the project.


You put up random shapes and sizes of brown kraft paper by smothering it in wallpaper paste. This part of the wall that was needing to be covered looked like a sea turtle to me (probably because it was after midnight) but I had to take a picture.

A close up of the wall.

The finished product after about 10 hours of work. I am really glad I picked a small wall to do this to. I like it better now than I did after it was first finished. I was too tired to enjoy it.

4 comments:

Dixiechick said...

It looks really good. I like it a lot. Good job!

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

I looks great, I would not have believed craft paper would look so good.

Hollie said...

See, it turned out great! Is it everything Preston had dreamed? He he!

Anonymous said...

That looks really cool! I can't wait to see it in person.