On Friday afternoon we took the very little inter island airplane to the island of Kaua'i to spend the weekend. These 2 pictures are of the atrium (?) in front of the hotel lobby. It was amazing how all the hotels are totally open there,they don't have doors to the lobbys.
Saturday morning we went on a raft tour of the Na Pali Coast. It was beautiful but the raft was adventurous and really bumpy. The water was really rough coming back. I was sore by the time we got back. This is where we got off the raft and checked out an old village on the side of the mountain, ate lunch (provided by the tour) and snorkeled. The water was clear and pretty. We saw some great fish
Some of the mountains along the coast.
Some pictures of us on the raft.

The highlight of the trip was we came across 2 dolphin pods during our raft tour. There were dozens of them swimming all around us. We have some cool video but I am still blog illiterate and have a hard time downloading videos on here.
If you look really closely in the middle of the water in this picture there is a little baby dolphin that kept jumping out of the water and doing flips it was so cool and cute.
Some sea turtles that we saw during the raft tour.


On Monday before we flew back to the island of Oahu we did the Wiki Wiki (quick) zipline. There were 3 zips, 25o ft, 800 ft and 750 ft. It was fun. They have a cool little set up there. 
Preston walking across the bridge that was really scary to me. We were always clipped in to something with our harness so we were safe, but this bridge had gaps between the wood planks and I was worried I would slip and injure myself.

This is me on the first zip.
After we landed in Oahu Hollie and Bret picked us up from the airport and we all headed to Pearl Harbor. It was sobering to see the video and the memorial of all the names of the people that died that day. I found a marine that shared my maiden name.

After Pearl Harbor we grabbed some lunch and then went to do the Diamond Head hike. It was a bit of a challenge to be honest, I really thought I was in better shape then my body demonstrated during the hike. We went up around 200+stairs along with a ramp and alot of switchbacks. The hike itself was ugly I thought, but the view from the top was pretty.

Letting the sand go through my toes one more time before heading to dinner and then we caught the red eye flight that night. I don't think I will ever do the red eye again if I can avoid it. We didn't get much sleep at all and there were some real wackos on the flight.
So there it is our Hawaiian adventure. I LOVED being in Hawaii and I LOVED being with Preston for that long. I felt like we were newlyweds all over again. It was an Awesome vacation. Thanks for taking the time to read this incredibly long post.
Some of the mountains along the coast.
The highlight of the trip was we came across 2 dolphin pods during our raft tour. There were dozens of them swimming all around us. We have some cool video but I am still blog illiterate and have a hard time downloading videos on here.
Some sea turtles that we saw during the raft tour.
We drove up the Waimea Canyon. It was pretty but parts of it looked a lot like the Arizona canyons so we didn't go all the way to the top. We were bored with it. But here are a couple snapshots.
We also rented a boogie board and some snorkel equipment that we took to some beaches. Preston attempted the whole boogie board thing but it didn't workout too well for him. The waves got huge after he gave up and got out of the water. Go figure huh.
On Monday before we flew back to the island of Oahu we did the Wiki Wiki (quick) zipline. There were 3 zips, 25o ft, 800 ft and 750 ft. It was fun. They have a cool little set up there.
Preston walking across the bridge that was really scary to me. We were always clipped in to something with our harness so we were safe, but this bridge had gaps between the wood planks and I was worried I would slip and injure myself.
This is me on the first zip.
After we landed in Oahu Hollie and Bret picked us up from the airport and we all headed to Pearl Harbor. It was sobering to see the video and the memorial of all the names of the people that died that day. I found a marine that shared my maiden name.
After Pearl Harbor we grabbed some lunch and then went to do the Diamond Head hike. It was a bit of a challenge to be honest, I really thought I was in better shape then my body demonstrated during the hike. We went up around 200+stairs along with a ramp and alot of switchbacks. The hike itself was ugly I thought, but the view from the top was pretty.
2 comments:
WOW!! What a fabulous trip. I am so happy you got to get away and really enjoy yourself, your pictures are great!!
I LOVE shaved ice from Hawaii! I should have warned you about the azuki beans, though. So nasty!!
Post a Comment