Here we are waiting for the tram to take us to Mandalay Bay on Friday night. It was REALLY Windy that evening so we didn't spend a whole lot of time walking around the strip which was fine. The only thing we didn't do that we had wanted to was see theBellagio fountain show. It was just too windy and cold for us and especially for Natalie.
Preston at the Madalay Bay Shark exhibit. It was a neat exhibit but quite pricy. I learned some interesting things about the different fish that live in the deep ocean.
Preston posing with the M&M Nascar in the M&M Factory. This was a neat store. We got some little presents for the kids here. I couldn't believe all the M&M merchandise there is. There was a T-shirt there that had an M&M guy on it and the caption said "Who's your Candy?" It struck me as funny.
Natalie hanging out on the hotel floor. She was a perfect little traveler. On Friday when Preston was at the tradeshow I sat and read a book that I've had since Christmas 07. Natalie spent the day either sleeping or playing with her toys. It was NICE to have the quiet time to read but also a little strange at the same time.
Natalie and I on the balcony of the hotel room. We stayed at the Platinum Resort and Spa, it was about a block away from the strip. It was really nice for many reasons. 1. COMPLETELY non smoking, they charged $500 if there was even a hint of smoke in the room or on the balcony. 2. There was not a casino there at all. 3. It had a full kitchen so we brought an ice-chest with meals and made most of our meals in the room. 4. Had a HUGE jacuzzi tube which I took advantage of a couple times to soak and read without interruptions. It was a GREAT and RELAXING trip and I wish we could do it more often but I will take what I can get. I think trips like this make me a better mom and helps our marriage be even stronger.
6 comments:
I'm not sure what a "weekend getaway with your husband" is, but it looks like fun! Glad you got some time together.
So jealous. I need one. Oh wait, I'm getting one this weekend!
Ok, sounds like a blast, but next time leave the baby too! Oh, and also just have to get my germaphobia in - ewe to baby on hotel floor- I hope she got a bath in that tub too! (she did look way cute though!) =)
I'm glad you guys had a good time. You definitely deserved a get-away! And a big old AMEN to it making you a better mom!
Looks like an awesome get away.. much needed with your busy lives! It is so fun to keep in touch! Miss you!
You totally deserve it...especially after all of your "fun" adventures with the car. :) It looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment