I think we have started a new tradition. In the past week I have had 4 picnics with Natalie and Taylor in the middle of my family room. It started last Tuesday, Taylor asked me about 2:00 in the afternoon if we could have a picnic in the house. I agreed, but since we had already had lunch all we ate was an orange. To Taylor if was AWESOME to eat on a blanket in the middle of the floor. We have done it a few other times before, mostly when it has rained and so we couldn't go to the park. Now it is better to do it inside where the AC and fans are. I didn't realize it was going to be a new thing we did almost daily until the next day came. Taylor asked again if we could have a picnic. This time we hadn't had lunch yet so we ate cheese crisps and of course an orange. Every picnic since has been different main meals but we ALWAYS have to eat an orange too. I better make sure we have some in the house at all times.
The girls enjoying one of the picnics, notice the orange by Natalie's foot. Also Taylor thinks it is hilarious to make a goofy face like going cross eyed in almost every picture I take of her. It is hard to get a normal picture of her.
Taylor started a beginning gymnastics class last Friday. It is for kids ages 3-5. They pretty much just do an obstacle course over and over again where they jump over things, jump on a mini trampoline, roll down things, walk across a balance beam and overall have a lot of fun. The instructor does a really good job with the kids and helps teach them how to interact with each other in a polite and appropriate way while sharing and taking turns.
2 comments:
Picnics in the family room are the best. I think it is funny that you always have an orange. I can't get anyone besides Ham to eat oranges in my house. Of course we go through bananas like crazy.
So sad that we are reduced to picnicking indoors. It's funny, though, how excited kids will get over little things, like an indoor picnic that always stars an orange.
And that gymnastics class looks really fun! Are you signing Taylor up for anything over the summer?
Post a Comment