We started swim lessons last Wednedsay. It is a new teacher and she really does a great job. She makes the kids go out of their comfort zone but does it in a nice but firm way. The kids are to jump off the diving board at the first lesson where Miss Allison waits for them and then they swim through a hula hoop that is anchored to the bottom of the deep end. Nathan was not too fond of the diving board so I had to get on with him and drop him off. First time went okay but the second time I almost went in with him. The look on the teachers face was pretty funny. I am sure she was thinking that she was going to get more than she bargained for. The rest of the lessons Nathan likes and he is getting more okay with the idea of the diving board and has informed me that next time he will go by himself. :-)
Taylor does okay too. She also doesn't like going under the water or jumping off the diving board. I learned after the first time that she is quite strong and that my hair is too. She was clinging on to me for dear life. I finally got her hands off my shoulders and then she found my ponytail she was hanging from my ponytail. Fun times. She didn't cry as much the second lesson as she did the first. She told me after the first lesson "Mom, I NEVER want to do this again." My response, "Sorry but we are coming back in 2 days, you will like it some day." After the second lesson she told me. "Mom that was kind of fun." HUGE progress. She also pretends to be the swim teacher with her toys in the bathtub. It is quite entertaining. She will ask the toys if they want to go under the water. They respond no and she will say sorry you have to.

Last Thursday I took Taylor and Natalie to Espee Park. It is about a half mile from our house and they have a big splash pad to play in. I mostly stayed in the shade with Natalie on a blanket. Natalie hanging out.

Taylor was dressed and ready to play in the water at the spray pad but spent most of the time on the playground with her friends.

Friday night we went to a wedding reception for Preston's cousin. They had dancing and Taylor was happy to get jiggy. Here she is dancing with her Aunt Lisa and her cousin Chanelle
Taylor dancing with her Aunt Lisa. It was really quite cute, Taylor loves to dance.

Before going to bed I asked Preston if he had anything he was planning to do on Saturday morning. His reply was no. Well when I woke up around 6:45 am (when Taylor set off the house alarm) I find Preston has started a project of painting our swing set.
Preston is such a go getter. When I asked him why he was painting the swing set his reply was "Because I was awake and didn't have anything else I had to do." It took him about 4 1/2 hours and it looks really nice.
A few hours after Preston finished the swing set I left to a day spa. I finally redeemed some gift cards Preston gave me for my birthday and received a massage, facial and a pedicure. It was soooo nice and I have decided I need to make spa time a regular occurence.

Last Thursday I took Taylor and Natalie to Espee Park. It is about a half mile from our house and they have a big splash pad to play in. I mostly stayed in the shade with Natalie on a blanket. Natalie hanging out.
Taylor was dressed and ready to play in the water at the spray pad but spent most of the time on the playground with her friends.
Friday night we went to a wedding reception for Preston's cousin. They had dancing and Taylor was happy to get jiggy. Here she is dancing with her Aunt Lisa and her cousin Chanelle
Before going to bed I asked Preston if he had anything he was planning to do on Saturday morning. His reply was no. Well when I woke up around 6:45 am (when Taylor set off the house alarm) I find Preston has started a project of painting our swing set.
1 comment:
what a fun update and cute toes!
Post a Comment