Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009


Happy Father's Day. Our weekend didn't start out too good. Preston arrived home from Camp Geronimo and Girls Camp yesterday around noon. He left Wednesday afternoon. Problem is he came home with the stomach flu. So our plans for our Saturday evening quickly changed. He was in the bathroom or bed almost all day yesterday. He was feeling better today but was pretty weak so he stayed home from church and his meetings. As a result I think this was probably the most relaxing Father's Days he has had in a long time. He slept in we made him breakfast of waffles sausage and orange juice. We were glad that he felt up to eat it. Then we gave him our presents, a D-backs shirt that says Dad #1 on the back, and a picture frame for his desk with a picture of me and the kids. I then headed off to church with the kids while he stayed home and slept. After we got home from Church Preston watched a movie with Nathan. Then we went to my parents for dinner. A big bonus for today was that Natalie said "Da Da" for the first time and has been saying it for the past 30 minutes straight and is so proud. I have been practicing with her all week, hoping she would say it today and it worked. (she was the first child that actually said Ma Ma before Da Da, I guess 3rd times a charm :-)

No comments: