
Last week Taylor and Natalie received new dresses from their Uncle Kendall and Aunt Liz. They are super cute and we love them. Liz's Grandparents own a clothing store in northern CA it is Rebecca Raggs if you want to check them out. They have a lot of reversible jumpers that are really cute.
Okay onto my confession it is a long story considered yourself warned. I wasn't going to blog about it but it is one of those stories to remember. Last weekend Preston Natalie and I went out to dinner and a movie. Natalie's favorite kind of pacifier fell into a parking lot during the evening and was run over. Well we picked it up and put it in the dishwasher at home to clean it. THe next morning Sunday I grabbed the clean pacifier out of the dishwasher packed it in the diaper bag and headed off to church. As I think all of you know Preston is in the bishopric so I sit at church with the 3 kids by myself every week although I do try to sit by friends that can help take care of the kids if I have to leave the meeting. SO I am sitting listening to the testimonies because Natalie is asleep on the pew next to me Taylor is coloring and Nathan is just sitting there playing with the R2D2 toy that he informs me he snuck into church in his pants pockets. (I don't let him bring toys to church, hence the sneaking) Well I look down at Taylor who is sitting on my lap and she is not coloring in a book she is coloring on the white part of her brand new dress with a purple crayon. I sternly whisper in her ear Taylor JO! (yes middle name was appropriately used) Well Taylor knowing she was just middle named and therefore in trouble starts crying and screaming uncontrollably. So I quickly turn to my friend behind me and ask her to watch Natalie and Nathan while I take out the screaming Taylor so I can stop disrupting the meeting. I take Taylor to the bathroom to scold and attempt to clean her dress (no luck, but it did mostly come out with desolvit and dreft) Now here comes the confession. When I return after the meeting is over a young woman in our ward is holding Natalie as she sucks on the pacifier from the dishwasher. When I take Natalie from her the pacifier comes out and displays black around her mouth and chin. I first say what is on her face. I then realize what it is and say rather embarrassed. "THat is part of the street on my baby's face, I so do not deserve Mother of the Week award." It was rather humorous. I wonder if the phrase "God made dirt and dirt don't hurt" also applies to the asphalt?
2 comments:
"Taylor knowing she was just middle named" that's funny. I like how you turned that into a verb. No worries, my kids had binkis off the steet all the time (I'd usually suck on them first, but what did that do? just mixed my germs with street germs). I think it helps them build immunities...you should be praised!
oh the joys of being a parent! that is too funny
Post a Comment