I feel bad for the members of our ward who attend church to learn from the speakers. If they sit around me and my kids they are destined to be distracted. Last Sunday was no different. We are sitting in the middle of the chapel (literally I usually sit in the middle of the midde pew) I look down at Nathan and he is looking really droopy, he informs me that he is really tired. NOw if you have a weak stomach stop reading this post now. Then about 10 minutes later I look down and he looks like he is about to cry. I ask if he is feeling sick. He says "Yes, I feel like I am going to throw up." I say "Okay HURRY lets go, start walking I will come with you." We start to rush out , we are almost at the aisle and then Nathan stops walking. I say keep going and the man we were standing in front of says "It's okay just keep going buddy." I then realize that Nathan has thrown up a little, he looks at me with panic and embarrasment on his face. We rush out into the hall and RUN down the hallway to the bathroom. We made it. Then I grab some wet papertowels from the bathroom. Nathan does not want to go back into the chapel but I need to because Taylor and Natalie are still in there. So he stays in the foyer. I go in sit down in front of the area where he threw up and clean it up. The sister sitting there had already started to clean it up with a box of kleenexs that she had put in her bag on the way out the door to church. Bless her heart. So we finish cleaning it up and putting the kleenexs and towels in the empty box and she takes it to the garbage for me. I then gather our stuff from where we were sitting. During the rest hymn I retrieve Taylor from the family that was taking care of her 1 row behind us and then get Natalie from the family 2 rows behind us that was taking care of her. We leave to get Nathan in the foyer. Taylor asks where we are going and states she wants to stay. I then summon Preston off of the stand he comes out and gets Taylor and then she sits the remainder of the meeting on PRestons lap on the stand. I take Nathan and Natalie home. I probably should send an apology note to the speakers for being so disruptive. It was kind of appropriate that there topic was about trials we have but that Heavenly Father is aware of us and that there are people to help us. I am very grateful for all the help from the ward members that our family receives.
A couple of side notes. Nathan did not throw up or really act sick after that, although he did stay home from school yesterday. I had a dream Sat night that Nathan threw up somewhere and somebody said Welcome to Flu season. So far I am the only one that is sick besides Nathan and mine isn't very bad. That same day our pet goldfish died, but it had lasted 3 weeks and we were pretty surprised it lasted that long.
2 comments:
oh the adventures of being a mom. and a wife in the bishopric. Hopefully that wont happen with any of my kids! that is great that everyone helped out with the girls.
Oh geez. Poor guy. What a Sunday for you! We had a similiar accident happen, so I have to laugh! Sorry!
Post a Comment