Our Saturday last week was busy and chaotic and I was exhausted after it was all said and done. It started at 7 am when Preston left to Little Philmont Scout training. At noon I had a Stake RS Conference and since Preston was at Philmont I had to drop my kids off at a sitters. I dropped them off then headed to the church. Preston picked up the kids during his lunch break and I met them at home after the lunch and program for the RS Conference. We then drove separate cars to Nathan's last basketball game of the season that started at 2:00. That is Nathan in the middle with the white jersey on getting ready to pass the maroon and gold ball to #33.

When the game was over we went outside for snacks (which it was our turn to provide) This is Nathan and his team listening to coach while eating snacks.
Then I headed back to the church to try and catch the last class of the conference and Preston headed home with the kids. Then Nathan had his end of the season Pizza Party at 4 and my conference was over at 4. So Preston took the kids to Peter Piper and I met them out there when my conferences was done. As soon as I got there we swapped keys and Preston headed back to his Philmont Training. This is Nathan getting his trophy (unfortunately the only picture I got of this occuring the coaches arm was in front of Nathan's face.
We left the pizza party about 5:45 and rushed home. Preston met us there when it was the dinner break at Philmont. We all changed our clothes, I fed Natalie and we picked up Nathan's friend Hayden at 6:30 to go to the Phoenix Road Runners hockey game. Nathan's coach is one of the Team Doctors for the Roadrunners and provided tickets for whoever on the team wanted to go. Two side notes - Nathan lost his top tooth during this 30 minutes at home and Preston was supposed to go back to Philmont but decided to go with me to the game so that I didn't have to have all the kids by myself at the game. (Plus I think he really wanted to go to the game). This is Nathan and his Friend Hayden.
This is a picture of Nathan Hayden and 2 other boys from his team Ethan and Jake. Jake is the one in the black shirt, he is the coaches son. It was a lot of fun for the boys. The coach got them an official hockey puck and his wife bought all of them Cold Stone Ice-Cream. After leaving the game I realized we didn't get any pictures of the rest of us at the game but in reality it was really all for Nathan we were just along for the ride. 

When the game was over we went outside for snacks (which it was our turn to provide) This is Nathan and his team listening to coach while eating snacks.
Then I headed back to the church to try and catch the last class of the conference and Preston headed home with the kids. Then Nathan had his end of the season Pizza Party at 4 and my conference was over at 4. So Preston took the kids to Peter Piper and I met them out there when my conferences was done. As soon as I got there we swapped keys and Preston headed back to his Philmont Training. This is Nathan getting his trophy (unfortunately the only picture I got of this occuring the coaches arm was in front of Nathan's face.
We left the pizza party about 5:45 and rushed home. Preston met us there when it was the dinner break at Philmont. We all changed our clothes, I fed Natalie and we picked up Nathan's friend Hayden at 6:30 to go to the Phoenix Road Runners hockey game. Nathan's coach is one of the Team Doctors for the Roadrunners and provided tickets for whoever on the team wanted to go. Two side notes - Nathan lost his top tooth during this 30 minutes at home and Preston was supposed to go back to Philmont but decided to go with me to the game so that I didn't have to have all the kids by myself at the game. (Plus I think he really wanted to go to the game). This is Nathan and his Friend Hayden.
This is a picture of Nathan Hayden and 2 other boys from his team Ethan and Jake. Jake is the one in the black shirt, he is the coaches son. It was a lot of fun for the boys. The coach got them an official hockey puck and his wife bought all of them Cold Stone Ice-Cream. After leaving the game I realized we didn't get any pictures of the rest of us at the game but in reality it was really all for Nathan we were just along for the ride. 
Another side note. When I was a young girl my friend Dixie's family had season tickets to the roadrunners when they were at a different arena. The tickets were right by the penalty box and I remember we would say things to the players in the box and they would sometimes squirt there water bottles at us. We would also try to kick the glass as they would skate by. It was fun memories. I also won a broken stick of Wayne Gretsky's at one of the games. I gave it to Dixie, I wonder if she still has it. I told Nathan about my fun memories and I hope he will remember these experiences that he is fortunate to have when he gets older.
Like I say it was a busy day but we had fun and hopefully made some memories.
2 comments:
Holy cow woman...I need to go sit down after reading your post.
Thankfully days like that are not everyday!
Way to go on the missing tooth Nathan!
Make me tired reading that.. days like that are so hard. I can't believe how big Nathan and Hayden are! Time is going by way to fast! It was fun to catch up on what you have been doing. Your girls are so so cute! :)
Post a Comment