Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My Boys and their Boards

Last night we came home from Eagar. We were there for the weekend with the main objective of snowboarding. We left Friday afternoon with 15 of the youth from our ward and some of their leaders so that Preston could take them to Sunrise on Saturday for snowboarding or skiing. We had a lot of fun with the youth. Preston's parents hosted dinner at their house Friday night then we went to the intermediate school where we played dodge ball/soccer and scooter races. A little side not PReston and I were on different teams for dodgeball and I got him out twice and he got me out Zero times. Yeah for me. Anyways after playing in the gym we went to a classroom and Preston gave a little devotional. Then we split up the young men and their leaders went to sleep at Preston's parents house and the young women spent the night at Preston's sisters house who also lives in Eagar. They had a fun day of boarding on Saturday and then the youth went home. We stayed until Monday night so that Preston could take Nathan snowboarding.
This is Nathan and Preston on the ski lift. I think Preston is happy and proud to have a son that enjoys snowboarding. Preston spent a lot of time on the slopes since he was Nathan's age. He was a skiier until shortly before his mission when he started snowboarding. He even was a ski instructor during high school to kids ages 3 to 6. Nathan went for the first time last season and loved it. He got a snowboard for Christmas and has been anxious to try it out.

This is Nathan heading down the mountain. His blonde hair reminds me of when I first started dating Preston, it was during snowboarding season so Preston died his hair blonde so it would look cooler on the slopes.
Nathan after one of his falls but he is still smiling. He loves it. Preston says that Nathan never complains of being tired. He is just happy to be there boarding. I have done it a few times. (YEARS ago) and I remember being so sore and tired of falling and pushing myself back up.


This is Preston jumping on Saturday. (One of the other leaders took the picture) The shadow looks pretty cool. I don't have an after picture on this but he crashed hard after this jump. He went farther than he anticipated and landed HARD on a flat spot of the mountain. He has a big scrape on his chin, hurt his hip and tailbone, pulled a groin muscle (sorry if too much info). He also informed that he hit the back of his head on a couple of lands and thinks he blacked out once. So not what a wife wants to hear the father of her 3 children say. Preston is starting to feel his age and that he is getting out of shape and it is severely disheartening to him. I think he will be living vicariously through Nathan in the years to come.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised at all that you got Preston out twice and he didn't get you out at all.