Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Some Spring Break Activities

Today Nathan went back to school so our Spring Break is now officially over. I thought I would post some pictures of various things we did during our break. It was a great break, we had a couple days when we were in our jammies all day and other days were packed with activities. I posted earlier about Nathan and Preston going snowboarding, well during that weekend Taylor got to help her Nana make cookies. Look closely and you can see Taylor is wearing a little apron. SOO CuteOne day during the break we went to the zoo as part of a midweek activity that I planned for our ward to do. This is Hayden (Nathan's best friend) Nathan and Taylor. The height of all 3 of them is deceiving they are standing on a slope.
Random picture of Natalie hanging out in the stroller. She was such a good sport. She stayed contently in the stroller for almost the whole 6 hours we were there.


Snapshot of Taylor at the zoo. She is such a HAM!!!!


Nathan and Taylor playing at the splash pad at the zoo. It was pretty warm that day upper 80's. I had them wear clothes that were comfortable and they could get wet in. Taylor was disappointed that I didn't bring her swimsuit or towels for them to dry off. She eventually got over it and had fun in the water nonetheless.


We went to Sting Ray bay for the first time. It was pretty cool. I got to feed a fish to one of them. That was really neat and a weird sensation all at the same time. Taylor only wanted to touch the small ones and Nathan only wanted to touch their tails (except when we got home he wanted to touch the body and was disappointed that he didn't)

Nathan on the carousel.


Taylor on the carousel.
I normally don't let my kids do the sting ray bay or the carousel, but we got into the zoo at a huge discount so I figured what the heck let's have the ultimate zoo experience. I did however object to buying any food or drink there.
During the break Nathan played the Wii a lot. We went to the park a few times, celebrated a cousins birthday and Nathan had his cousin spend the night one time and Hayden another night. We also had our trip to Eagar for snowboarding and celebrated Nathan's birthday which I posted about already. We also had a yard sale which I didn't put too much effort into but still spent way more time in preparation then I cared to. All in all it was a good break but glad to be back in the schedule of school.


















1 comment:

Lene said...

It looks like you guys had a fun spring break also. I totally missed the snowboarding post. Nathan looks like a natural.