Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Our Home away from Home

It is hard to believe but today marks the one year anniversary of when we bought the Lock Shop. It has been a stressful year with a lot of hours put in towards running this place (for both Preston and I) There have also been some restless nights filled with worry of how we can make things better. Many board meetings (brainstorming and discussions) have occurred while laying in bed late at night. Overall we are happy that we purchased the shop and feel very blessed during this difficult economic time. It has been an adventure that has challenged us and hopefully will continue to make us stronger.
This is our safe show room and lock shop. We have 2 guys that work the front here but they were too embarrassed to be in the picture. We also have 1 dispatcher, a part time bookkeeper and Preston that work in the back part of the shop We also have 3 on road technician that do the calls.

Here is Preston (and Taylor) working at one of the desks. This is actually our bookkeepers desk but Preston was sitting here when I came to take pictures. His desk is twice as big and is 50 times messier. Poor guy really has a lot of things he juggles being one of the owners, shop manager and marketing manager.


This is Taylor sitting at our desk at home where I do my work. The past 6 months or so Taylor will copy me when I work. She gets a calculator some papers an old keyboard and a phone and tell me she is working. And no I do not sit in that rocking chair when I work at the desk. I actually have an office chair or I sit in the recliner and work on the laptop.



4 comments:

Dixiechick said...

Thanks for sharing this. It's interesting to see. That's really cool that you guys have this going. I'm impressed.

Lene said...

Wow. I can't believe it has been a year already. I had no idea you guys had a walk-in storefront. I love that Taylor copies you working.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

i love that you shared that. very cool i always wondered about the shop!

Erick & Kami Wright Family said...

We hear ya! Owning your own business can be a blessing, but stressful too!