Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family Resemblance


We have a pet turtle that came with our house. It is the least maintenace pet in the world. When we bought our house 9 years ago the previous owners said they had a turtle but they thought the neighbor kids took it. Well turned out the turtle was just hibernating for the winter and when we were doing yardwork in the spring time this turtle came out of the bushes. He comes out every once in a while (mostly after it rains or the sprinklers have been on) Sometimes during the summer I put a dish with water in it so he can cool down. Other than that we don't do anything. He just eats the bugs and plants in our backyard. Many of you probably didn't even know we had a pet turtle.

This is just a cute picture of Natalie in her trying to crawl pose. She is so close to doing it.

4 comments:

kh said...

Tie her knees together now! Don't let her get that great sense of transportation freedom! She will like it too much and then she'll start to walk! Then they aren't babies anymore!

Stop her now I tell you and keep your baby!

Ha ha. Okay, don't. I just wish Kaari wasn't so determined to be so "grown up!"

I knew you had a turtle. I've seen it! I think it's so fun! Love the family 'resemblance!' Nat is sure cute!

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

Go Natalie Go!

Anonymous said...

Does the turtle have a name?

Lene said...

Oh no...it is the beginning of the end. I still can't believe how big she is getting.

I love the resemblance between her and the turtle.