Saturday, November 29, 2008

Belated Thankfulness



My heart has been full of gratitude this past week for many reasons. It all started on Sat the 22nd we had a stake temple day focusing on a day of gratitude and we were to go to the temple grounds as much as possible. We started the day with Preston taking the youth of the ward to do baptisms for the dead. Then I met up with him to do a session. That afternoon we took the kids to the visitors center to see the displays. While there we decided to see the Joseph SMith movie. It was my first time seeing the movie and it helped me to remind myself of the sacrifices that were made to have the restored gospel on the earth. I am so grateful to live in a time when the gospel is on the earth in its fulness and that I can have the temple blessings to allow our family to be eternal. I am so grateful for a husband that is always respectful and helpful. Preston is a very busy man but he does what he can to spend time with me and the kids. I am also grateful for all 3 of my kids. They have very unique personalities that make life fun and interesting. I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving. We have been with family in Eagar AZ. We drove up Thanksgiving morning and got a rare treat of a White Thanksgiving. It rained on us the whole trip until just outside of Show Low and then the snow came and it snowed until just outside of Eagar. It was very pretty.

4 comments:

Down in the Sun said...

I am loving the darker hair Julie. It looks really good! I love the family pictures. Too cute! Glad that you had a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! They really do represent the kids personalities well. You and Preston look great too.
Sherri

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I love the pictures! I am so jealous you got a white Thankgiving! your kids are darling and P is a good man. It is a wonderful time to remember what we are greatful for!

Lene said...

I love, love, love your family pictures. They turned out wonderful. You look amazing!